Owning a business can be extremely exciting and lucrative. Plus, it’s fun and highly rewarding to be your own boss. However, you may not want the drawbacks associated with a traditional brick and mortar business, which includes employees, office space, lots of overhead, and more. If that’s the case, then an internet franchise may be perfect for you.
What are some of the advantages of an internet franchise over more traditional franchises?
There are five of them:
1. You can run your franchise from home. Since internet franchises are located on the internet, customers have no idea if the owner is one person with a home office, or a large corporation with 1,000 employees. This means you can wake up in the morning, log on in your pajamas, and make money, all while looking like a professional corporation to your customers.
2. Your franchise has extremely low overhead. Since your business is located in cyberspace, you don’t need an office, or a storefront, or a warehouse. Instead, all you need is your computer. You also don’t need delivery vans and large amounts of inventory. The result is you don’t waste a ton of money every month on overhead that eats into your profits, which is a huge benefit.
3. The doors of your business are always open. When you run a brick and mortar business, you need to set and maintain hours, and ensure you have employees available to meet and assist customers. With an internet business, your store is open 100% of the time. This means your customers can buy from you whenever they want to and you can make money even while you are sleeping or playing golf.
4. You are not limited to drawing customers from a specific geographic region. With a traditional business, your customers are typically limited to a specific geographic area around where your business is located. This severely limits the number of potential customers you can cater to. However, an internet business is available to customers world-wide, at all hours of the day, all days of the week. This extended reach greatly enhances your revenue potential which enables you to grow more rapidly.
5. Your business is 100% scalable. With an internet business, you can cater to 100 or 100,000 customers with little to no additional effort on your part. You don’t need to rent a larger store or open more locations to grow. Instead, you typically just need to increase your marketing and your internet-based business system will automatically handle the increased growth.
These are just a few of the benefits of owning an internet-based business.
About The Author - Peter Siegel is the founder and President of BizBen.com - Businesses For Sale In California. A nationally recognized author (3 books and a syndicated small business blog) and expert consultant. If you are selling a business and need professional assistance utilizing high performance advertising, marketing, and highly effective strategies, or individual customization with your BizBen Power Search options in buying a California business, you can reach him at 866-270-6278