Owning a business can be extremely exciting and lucrative. Plus, it’s fun and highly rewarding to be your own boss. However, you may not want the drawbacks associated with a traditional brick and mortar business, which includes employees, office space, lots of overhead, and more. If that’s the case, then an internet franchise may be perfect for you.
What are some of the advantages of an internet franchise over more traditional franchises?
There are five of them:
1. You can run your franchise from home. Since internet franchises are located on the internet, customers have no idea if the owner is one person with a home office, or a large corporation with 1,000 employees. This means you can wake up in the morning, log on in your pajamas, and make money, all while looking like a professional corporation to your customers.
2. Your franchise has extremely low overhead. Since your business is located in cyberspace, you don’t need an office, or a storefront, or a warehouse. Instead, all you need is your computer. You also don’t need delivery vans and large amounts of inventory. The result is you don’t waste a ton of money every month on overhead that eats into your profits, which is a huge benefit.
3. The doors of your business are always open. When you run a brick and mortar business, you need to set and maintain hours, and ensure you have employees available to meet and assist customers. With an internet business, your store is open 100% of the time. This means your customers can buy from you whenever they want to and you can make money even while you are sleeping or playing golf.
4. You are not limited to drawing customers from a specific geographic region. With a traditional business, your customers are typically limited to a specific geographic area around where your business is located. This severely limits the number of potential customers you can cater to. However, an internet business is available to customers world-wide, at all hours of the day, all days of the week. This extended reach greatly enhances your revenue potential which enables you to grow more rapidly.
5. Your business is 100% scalable. With an internet business, you can cater to 100 or 100,000 customers with little to no additional effort on your part. You don’t need to rent a larger store or open more locations to grow. Instead, you typically just need to increase your marketing and your internet-based business system will automatically handle the increased growth.
These are just a few of the benefits of owning an internet-based business.
About The Author - Peter Siegel is the founder and President of BizBen.com - Businesses For Sale In California. A nationally recognized author (3 books and a syndicated small business blog) and expert consultant. If you are selling a business and need professional assistance utilizing high performance advertising, marketing, and highly effective strategies, or individual customization with your BizBen Power Search options in buying a California business, you can reach him at 866-270-6278
|Helpful Resources To Assist In Selling And Buying California Businesses|
|Janet Carrera - Escrow & Bulk Sale Services - SF Bay Area
Redwood Escrow Services, Inc. is a full service, licensed independent escrow company. We are EAFC Fidelity bonded, fully insured & licensed with the Department of Corporations. Committed to offering our clients the most comprehensive variety of escrow services available. Phone Janet at 510-247-0741.
|Willard Michlin, CPA, Certified Fraud Examiner, Due Diligence Services
Willard Michlin, CPA #106752, offers buyers step by step training & assistance in doing Due Diligence Services when they are thinking of making an offer, or are in process of investigating a business purchase. He helps to determine the actual net profit even when there is cash. Call 805-428-2063.
|Brad Steinberg, Broker - Laundromat Specialists
PWS is the leading laundromat broker in California. Since 1968 PWS has brokered over 2,500 laundromat sales. With over 90 employees dedicated to the coin laundry industry, PWS has 18 licensed agents, a 3 person in-house finance department, 10 service technicians and a 20 person parts department.
|Mark Chatow, Esq.: Legal Services For Buying, Selling Businesses
Mark has a broad range of small business purchase & sale experience from analyzing potential acquisition targets to successfully guiding buyers and sellers through the purchase & sale of small businesses. Mark can assist with contracts, negotiations, legal matters, etc. Reach Mark at 949-478-8393.
|Diane Boudreau-Tschetter: Escrow And Bulk Sale Services
California Business Escrow, Inc. is a full service independent escrow company serving all of California and has expertise in a wide range of escrows. Our team prides itself on providing an exceptional escrow experience. For more info phone Diane Boudreau-Tschetter at 888-383-3331 or 209-838-1100.
|Helen Yoo: Escrow & Bulk Sale Services - Southern California
New Century Escrow, Inc. is a fully licensed & bonded independent escrow company. Over 20 years combined experience in handling bulk escrow transactions. Multi-lingual staff that speaks your language, including Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese. Call Helen Yoo direct at 626-890-1151.
|Elizabeth McGovern: Escrow Services - SF Bay Area
McGovern Escrow Services, Inc., is a leading independent escrow company. We are a trusted partner with our clients, assisting them through the tangled bulk sale & liquor license transfer process. We provide attentive, quality & innovative customer service. Phone Elizabeth McGovern at 415-735-3645.
|Ranvir S. Sandhu, Esq. - Legal Services For Buyers And Sellers
I've worked at top Bay Area law firms and have extensive experience with business entity formation, mergers, dissolutions, conversions, employment matters, including experience in reviewing and negotiating transactional documents such as leases and purchase agreements.
|Related Articles, Events, Blog Posts, Discussions, Videos, Interviews|
|Selling My Small Business: What Items Should I Have Ready To Be Successful?
When selling a small to mid-sized business, owners should have their paperwork and financial information ready to go! They should also have a short business plan of past history, current operations, and potential for the future. In this BizBen Discussion several advisors and intermediaries weigh in.
|If You Plan To Offer Seller Financing: 3 Things Owner Sellers Need to Know
When selling your business, offering seller financing is a great way to help your business standout from others on the market and it is also a good strategy to consider that can help you close a sale. Peter Siegel, MBA (BizBen ProSel Program & Financing Expert) explains. Reach him at 866-270-6278.
|Financing Advice: Showing Add Backs To Get Business Acquisition Financing
When seeking business acquisition financing, it helps to review a seller's addbacks as a source of funding to service the debt service. But explain them correctly. Peter Siegel, MBA business acquisition financing expert and advisor at 866-270-6278 covers this topic on financing a business purchase.
|Why Deals Fall Out: Unrealistic High Asking Prices Are Usually The Reason
The unfortunate truth is that approximately 50% of all small business sales transactions fall out. While failed transactions can happen for a many reasons, Peter Siegel, MBA (BizBen Director & Business Purchase Financing Expert) discusses the main reason deals fall through; steep asking prices.
|How Many Listings Is Too Many For One Broker To Handle? Is It 5? 10? 20?
Peter Siegel, MBA in this Vlog/Podcast discusses how many listings is too many for one business broker to handle at one time. Is it 5 is it 20? I recently had a coaching call with one of my BizBen broker clients who asked that question this week. There are many factors that go into the answer.
|Selling Your Business To One Of Your Employees - A Good Idea? Pros And Con
After investing years of time and talent into a company, many small business owners want to feel like they are leaving their business in good hands and for that reason, some sellers opt to sell their business to an employee. Peter Siegel, MBA talks about the pros and cons to taking this route.
|5 Myths About Selling A California Business: Best Tips For Sellers & Brokers
Peter Siegel, MBA (at 866-270-6278) - BizBen Director discusses myths associated with the process of selling a business and some of them can actually cause deals to fall through. Don't let your sale be comprised, be aware of these common misconceptions related to the process of selling a business.
|Thinking Of Selling My Business: What Factors Create Value And Drive Price?
There are a lot of misconceptions about what enhances the value of a business. The following factors in this Discussion Post on BizBen are aspects of a business that really drives its value and pricing. Business owners thinking of selling should check these out these factors before selling.
|See All News, Tips And Events|