Owning a business can be extremely exciting and lucrative. Plus, it’s fun and highly rewarding to be your own boss. However, you may not want the drawbacks associated with a traditional brick and mortar business, which includes employees, office space, lots of overhead, and more. If that’s the case, then an internet franchise may be perfect for you.
What are some of the advantages of an internet franchise over more traditional franchises?
There are five of them:
1. You can run your franchise from home. Since internet franchises are located on the internet, customers have no idea if the owner is one person with a home office, or a large corporation with 1,000 employees. This means you can wake up in the morning, log on in your pajamas, and make money, all while looking like a professional corporation to your customers.
2. Your franchise has extremely low overhead. Since your business is located in cyberspace, you don’t need an office, or a storefront, or a warehouse. Instead, all you need is your computer. You also don’t need delivery vans and large amounts of inventory. The result is you don’t waste a ton of money every month on overhead that eats into your profits, which is a huge benefit.
3. The doors of your business are always open. When you run a brick and mortar business, you need to set and maintain hours, and ensure you have employees available to meet and assist customers. With an internet business, your store is open 100% of the time. This means your customers can buy from you whenever they want to and you can make money even while you are sleeping or playing golf.
4. You are not limited to drawing customers from a specific geographic region. With a traditional business, your customers are typically limited to a specific geographic area around where your business is located. This severely limits the number of potential customers you can cater to. However, an internet business is available to customers world-wide, at all hours of the day, all days of the week. This extended reach greatly enhances your revenue potential which enables you to grow more rapidly.
5. Your business is 100% scalable. With an internet business, you can cater to 100 or 100,000 customers with little to no additional effort on your part. You don’t need to rent a larger store or open more locations to grow. Instead, you typically just need to increase your marketing and your internet-based business system will automatically handle the increased growth.
These are just a few of the benefits of owning an internet-based business.
About The Author - Peter Siegel is the founder and President of BizBen.com - Businesses For Sale In California. A nationally recognized author (3 books and a syndicated small business blog) and expert consultant. If you are selling a business and need professional assistance utilizing high performance advertising, marketing, and highly effective strategies, or individual customization with your BizBen Power Search options in buying a California business, you can reach him at 925-785-3118
|Helpful Resources To Assist In Selling And Buying California Businesses|
|Willard Michlin, CPA, Certified Fraud Examiner, Due Diligence
Willard Michlin, CPA #106752, offers buyers step by step training & assistance in doing Due Diligence Services when they are thinking of making an offer, or are in process of investigating a business purchase. He helps to determine the actual net profit even when there is cash. Call 805-428-2063.
|Diane Boudreau-Tschetter: Escrow & Bulk Sale Services - CA
California Business Escrow, Inc. is a full service independent escrow company serving all of California and has expertise in a wide range of escrows. Our team prides itself on providing an exceptional escrow experience. For more info phone Diane Boudreau-Tschetter at 888-383-3331 or 209-838-1100.
|Helen Yoo, New Century Escrow - Escrow Services In Southern California
New Century Escrow, Inc. is a fully licensed & bonded independent escrow company. Over 20 years combined experience in handling bulk escrow transactions. Multi-lingual staff that speaks your language, including Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese. Call Helen Yoo direct at 626-890-1151.
|Brad Steinberg, Business Broker: Laundromat Specialist
PWS is the leading laundromat broker in California. Since 1968 PWS has brokered over 2,500 laundromat sales. With over 90 employees dedicated to the coin laundry industry, PWS has 18 licensed agents, a 3 person in-house finance department, 10 service technicians and a 20 person parts department.
|Janet Carrera: Escrow & Bulk Sale Service - SF Bay Area
Redwood Escrow Services, Inc. is a full service, licensed independent escrow company. We are EAFC Fidelity bonded, fully insured & licensed with the Department of Corporations. Committed to offering our clients the most comprehensive variety of escrow services available. Phone Janet at 510-247-0741.
|Elizabeth McGovern: Escrow Services - San Francisco Bay Area
McGovern Escrow Services, Inc., is a leading independent escrow company. We are a trusted partner with our clients, assisting them through the tangled bulk sale & liquor license transfer process. We provide attentive, quality & innovative customer service. Phone Elizabeth McGovern at 415-735-3645.
|Shalonda Chappel-Pilgram: Escrow & Bulk Sale Services - Southern California
Escrow services to brokers/agents, sellers, & buyers. Established 43 years. Extraordinary service. Experienced with handling difficult transactions. One stop for all your escrow needs: Bulk sales, lien searches, UCC searches, liquor license transfers, publishing & recording services. 951-808-3972.
|Related Articles, Events, Blog Posts, Discussions, Videos, Interviews|
|Selling A Business Without Getting Sued: 5 Tips For Business Sellers/Brokers
How do I sell my business without getting sued, isn't a subject just for discussions with lawyers. A seller can take some precautions to reduce potential legal problems. Peter Siegel, MBA Founder Of BizBen and BizBen's ProSell Program discusses this topic for business owners/sellers and brokers.
|Valuing A Business - Do You Add The Inventory Amount To The Price Or Not?
A business buyer asks how to handle the inventory amount in the purchase price of a business. Do you add the inventory value to the business value? Peter Siegel, MBA (ProBuy & ProSell Program Advisor - Lead Facilitator ) answers this question with the BizBen Network of advisors and resources.
|The Bottomline: What Exactly Is Adjusted Net Income, SDC, And Cash Flow?
The use of add backs & adjusted net income is common among sellers of businesses when showing their financial information/performance. But buyers are cautioned to review financials and tax returns/documents closely. Peter Siegel, MBA with BizBen (ProBuy & ProSell Advisor, Lead Facilitator) explains.
|How Many Months Should I List My Business With A Business Broker?
It's important to remember that selling a business takes time. Unlike selling a house, which can be sold relatively fast, a business can take up to six months to a year to sell. Joe Ranieri (Orange County Business Broker) at 714-292-5448 explores this topic from a Business Brokers perspective.
|Top 100 List: This Week's Top Motivated Business Buyers & Their Requests!
If you're trying to sell a business - check out this week's top 100 business buyers - one of these buyers may be looking to buy your type and location of business! This list is updated weekly - make sure you check it frequently! Are you searching to buy - get on this list and reach seller direct!
|4 Reasons Why Business Brokers Do Not Cooperate With Other Brokers & Agents
Despite challenges in the business for sale marketplace, some of the business brokers who make a living by facilitating a deal between buyer and seller are known to stand in the way of a completed transaction because of some outdated ideas. Too bad they put greed ahead of the needs of their clients.
|Financing Advice: Showing Add Backs To Get Business Acquisition Financing
When seeking business acquisition financing, it helps to review a seller's addbacks as a source of funding to service the debt service. But explain them correctly. Peter Siegel, MBA business acquisition financing expert and advisor at 925-785-3118 covers this topic on financing a business purchase.
|Tips When Using Escrow Bulk Sale Services When Buying Or Selling A Business
The final part of the business for sale transaction is the escrow and bulk sale process by Peter Siegel, MBA (Business Purchase Financing Expert, ProBuy & ProSell Program Advisor) answers questions and describes the escrow and bulk sale process. Peter can be reached direct at 925-785-3118.