Topics that will be covered in this live workshop are:
Learn what is Sellers Discretionary Earnings and how it is calculated, Learn how to determine the value of a business you are selling or buying, Learn how to determine the REAL PROFITABILITY of a business, not what the broker is advertising, What are the insider's secrets of how to make sure you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR when buying or selling a business?, Learn the difference between industry and financial due diligence & why you need both.
This SEMINAR IS ABOUT BUYING OR SELLING A SMALL TO MID SIZE BUSINESS.
IT ALSO IS ABOUT WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IN ORDER TO DO A PROPER DUE DILIGENCE WHEN BUYING A BUSINESS.
Date: Saturdays: 4/14, 5/12, 6/9
Time: 9AM to 1PM
Cost: No Charge
WHAT ATTENDEES HAVE TO SAY:
1. This seminar is critical for anyone wishing to invest in purchasing a business and for sellers who may want to prepare their business for the sale.
2. I loved Willard's humor.
3. I liked the stories you shared about actual cases. They helped to understand the points you were making.
4. I liked that it was a real seminar ON-SUBJECT as opposed to a sales pitch. The workshop was better than I expected.
5. The seminar is well rounded. I would recommend it to others based on the valuable information portrayed.
6. I learned how to find fraud in the documents provided by sellers.
7. I learned how important it is to not buy the wrong business.
8. Meeting Willard was an inspiration.
9. Willard’s speaking style is accessible and down to earth along with his sense of humor.
10. The speaker’s knowledge and background are extensive and a big asset if you want to buy or sell a business.
11. The speaker freely gave honest answers to all questions.
12. The seminar was interactive not a lecture.
13. I loved the casual style of speaking. A great amount of information was given.
14. The seminar made difficult business information palatable.
15. I loved the case studies of how to become a smart buyer.
SUBJECTS COVERED IN THE TWO PARTS:
· You will learn what are the advantages and disadvantages of buying a business.
· You will learn what the advantages and disadvantages of buying a franchise.
· You will learn the different sources of financing
· You will learn the advantages and disadvantages of buying the real estate under the business instead of leasing it.
· You will learn what to look for in a lease.
· You will learn where to go to find businesses that are for sale.
· You will learn the advantages and disadvantages of using a business broker.
· You will learn what are the good and bad industries to buy into these days.
· What are the business types that can be run as an absentee owner?
· You will learn when and how to make offers and what the 13 protection points that must be addressed in your offers to protect yourself.
· You will learn the procedure step by step for locating and buying a business.
There will also be plenty of time to answer all your questions about the process of buying or selling a business.
Location: Seal Beach or Los Alamitos (Near Long Beach) depending on the number of registered attendees. Address and directions are provided the week of the seminar.
PLEASE RSVP: 805-428-2063
About The Presenter: Willard Michlin, CPA (106752) offers California business buyers Due Diligence Services (Second Opinion, Offer Assistance, Final Due Diligence) when they are thinking of making an offer on a business or in the process of investigating a business purchase. He has written numerous articles on the due diligence process and can be reached direct at 805-428-2063 for more information and an appointment.
|Helpful Resources To Assist In Selling And Buying California Businesses|
|Diane Boudreau-Tschetter: Escrow And Bulk Sale Services
California Business Escrow, Inc. is a full service independent escrow company serving all of California and has expertise in a wide range of escrows. Our team prides itself on providing an exceptional escrow experience. For more info phone Diane Boudreau-Tschetter at 888-383-3331 or 209-838-1100.
|Mark Chatow, Esq.: Legal Services For Buying, Selling Businesses
Mark has a broad range of small business purchase & sale experience from analyzing potential acquisition targets to successfully guiding buyers and sellers through the purchase & sale of small businesses. Mark can assist with contracts, negotiations, legal matters, etc. Reach Mark at 949-478-8393.
|Willard Michlin, CPA, Certified Fraud Examiner, Due Diligence Services
Willard Michlin, CPA #106752, offers buyers step by step training & assistance in doing Due Diligence Services when they are thinking of making an offer, or are in process of investigating a business purchase. He helps to determine the actual net profit even when there is cash. Call 805-428-2063.
|Helen Yoo: Escrow & Bulk Sale Services - Southern California
New Century Escrow, Inc. is a fully licensed & bonded independent escrow company. Over 20 years combined experience in handling bulk escrow transactions. Multi-lingual staff that speaks your language, including Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese. Call Helen Yoo direct at 626-890-1151.
|Mike Brewer: Liquor License Brokers, ABC Consulting Services
Liquor license brokerage and consulting services. We provide: Alcohol License Transfers Application Consulting & Processing, Liquor License Purchases & Sales, City Zoning Permits & Land Use Entitlements, Public Convenience or Necessity Findings and Letters. Phone Mike Brewer direct at 800-437-1100.
|Chris Seaman, Business Broker - San Diego County Area
Founded in 1994, First Choice Business Brokers has accelerated to become one of the most successful Business Sales Organizations in the world. Our team of agents have gone through extensive training to become experts in the field of business brokerage. Call Chris at 858-578-4111 for more info.
|Larry Larsen, Broker, Laundry Specialist - Orange, LA Counties
Larry Larsen, Realtor has over thirty years of experience in the sales, ownership, management, and construction of coin laundries. He is a licensed broker active in the sale of coin laundries, a licensed insurance agent specializing in coin laundry insurance. Phone Larry at 714-630-9274.
|Ron Hottes, Broker - Serving LA, Orange, Inland Empire Area
LINK Business is a business brokerage team of 28 highly skilled and seasoned professionals. Our business brokers have over 100 years of cumulative experience & the expertise to help you buy or sell a business in the LA County, Orange, Inland Empire areas. Call Ron for a consultation at 310-539-8300.
|Related Articles, Events, Blog Posts, Discussions, Videos, Interviews|
|Video/Podcast: Business Purchase Financing Chat: SBA Loan, Non SBA Financing
Ever wonder what is involved in obtaining business purchase financing to buy a business or franchise? Peter Siegel, MBA who has over 20 years advising and obtaining all types of financing for business buyers in this video/podcast - SBA loans, Non-SBA Financing, Alternative Financing Sources.
|Mentoring In How To Buy A Business - Tips From Expert Willard Michlin, CPA
Willard Michlin, CPA a due diligence specialist shares his views on the mentoring process & about how buyers can "profit" from such a relationship when searching and buying a business. Mr. Michlin, CPA (800-864-0420) performs due-diligence services and and consulting services for business buyers.
|Getting An SBA Loan To Buy A Small Business: Dispelling Some Major Myths
When seeking SBA loan financing many potential business buyers have wrong information about the process of securing the best financing to buy a business. Peter Siegel, MBA (at 866-270-6278) a business purchase financing expert delves into the myths and facts regarding SBA loan financing.
|Deposits With Business Purchase Agreements: How Much? Structure? Refundable?
Purchase agreements when buying or selling a small business can be tricky. A top Southern CA Business Broker discusses this topic including multiple strategies regarding deposits with business purchase agreements. Lee Petsas (Orange County Business Broker) at 714-363-044 contributes this blog post
|BizBen Index: Weekly Results - 292 California Businesses Sold 3/26 - 3/30
For the week of 3/26 thru 3/30, 292 California small businesses were sold by business owners, business brokers, and agents. In 2017 16,956 CA small businesses were sold. So far this year (2018) 3,896 small to mid-sized California businesses have sold so far by business owners, agents, and brokers.
|Attorney Specialist Shares Escrow Instruction Tips When Buying A Business
Once you have successfully negotiated the Asset Purchase Agreement ("APA") for your acquisition it's natural to relax a little and let your guard down. Attorney Specialist Mark Chatow discusses what business buyers should look out for when opening escrow and getting escrow instruction in place.
|Due Diligence Issues: What Business Buyers Should Know About The Process
Willard Michlin, CPA, CFE at 800-864-0420 elaborates why you can do a large portion of the due diligence yourself, depending on your background, but you should never try to do it solely on your own. In this BizBen blog post he explores ways business business buyers get themselves into trouble.
|Due Diligence Checklist: 10 Key Items To Investigate When Buying Businesses
Buying a California small business involves reviewing due diligence checklists so buyers can learn enough to determine whether to proceed with a deal. Here's a due diligence checklist. Peter Siegel, MBA (BizBen ProBuy Advisor & Business Purchase Financing Expert) at 866-270-6278 shares his views.
|See All News, Tips And Events|