Topics that will be covered in this live workshop are:
Learn what is Sellers Discretionary Earnings and how it is calculated, Learn how to determine the value of a business you are selling or buying, Learn how to determine the REAL PROFITABILITY of a business, not what the broker is advertising, What are the insider's secrets of how to make sure you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR when buying or selling a business?, Learn the difference between industry and financial due diligence & why you need both.
This SEMINAR IS ABOUT BUYING OR SELLING A SMALL TO MID SIZE BUSINESS.
IT ALSO IS ABOUT WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IN ORDER TO DO A PROPER DUE DILIGENCE WHEN BUYING A BUSINESS.
Date: Saturdays: 3/10, 4/14, 5/12, 6/9
Time: 9AM to 1PM
Cost: No Charge
WHAT ATTENDEES HAVE TO SAY:
1. This seminar is critical for anyone wishing to invest in purchasing a business and for sellers who may want to prepare their business for the sale.
2. I loved Willard's humor.
3. I liked the stories you shared about actual cases. They helped to understand the points you were making.
4. I liked that it was a real seminar ON-SUBJECT as opposed to a sales pitch. The workshop was better than I expected.
5. The seminar is well rounded. I would recommend it to others based on the valuable information portrayed.
6. I learned how to find fraud in the documents provided by sellers.
7. I learned how important it is to not buy the wrong business.
8. Meeting Willard was an inspiration.
9. Willard’s speaking style is accessible and down to earth along with his sense of humor.
10. The speaker’s knowledge and background are extensive and a big asset if you want to buy or sell a business.
11. The speaker freely gave honest answers to all questions.
12. The seminar was interactive not a lecture.
13. I loved the casual style of speaking. A great amount of information was given.
14. The seminar made difficult business information palatable.
15. I loved the case studies of how to become a smart buyer.
SUBJECTS COVERED IN THE TWO PARTS:
· You will learn what are the advantages and disadvantages of buying a business.
· You will learn what the advantages and disadvantages of buying a franchise.
· You will learn the different sources of financing
· You will learn the advantages and disadvantages of buying the real estate under the business instead of leasing it.
· You will learn what to look for in a lease.
· You will learn where to go to find businesses that are for sale.
· You will learn the advantages and disadvantages of using a business broker.
· You will learn what are the good and bad industries to buy into these days.
· What are the business types that can be run as an absentee owner?
· You will learn when and how to make offers and what the 13 protection points that must be addressed in your offers to protect yourself.
· You will learn the procedure step by step for locating and buying a business.
There will also be plenty of time to answer all your questions about the process of buying or selling a business.
Location: Seal Beach or Los Alamitos (Near Long Beach) depending on the number of registered attendees. Address and directions are provided the week of the seminar.
PLEASE RSVP: 805-428-2063
About The Presenter: Willard Michlin, CPA (106752) offers California business buyers Due Diligence Services (Second Opinion, Offer Assistance, Final Due Diligence) when they are thinking of making an offer on a business or in the process of investigating a business purchase. He has written numerous articles on the due diligence process and can be reached direct at 805-428-2063 for more information and an appointment.
|Helpful Resources To Assist In Selling And Buying California Businesses|
|Diane Boudreau-Tschetter: Escrow And Bulk Sale Services
California Business Escrow, Inc. is a full service independent escrow company serving all of California and has expertise in a wide range of escrows. Our team prides itself on providing an exceptional escrow experience. For more info phone Diane Boudreau-Tschetter at 888-383-3331 or 209-838-1100.
|Helen Yoo: Escrow & Bulk Sale Services - Southern California
New Century Escrow, Inc. is a fully licensed & bonded independent escrow company. Over 20 years combined experience in handling bulk escrow transactions. Multi-lingual staff that speaks your language, including Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese. Call Helen Yoo direct at 626-890-1151.
|Mark Chatow, Esq.: Legal Services For Buying, Selling Businesses
Mark has a broad range of small business purchase & sale experience from analyzing potential acquisition targets to successfully guiding buyers and sellers through the purchase & sale of small businesses. Mark can assist with contracts, negotiations, legal matters, etc. Reach Mark at 949-478-8393.
|Willard Michlin, CPA, Certified Fraud Examiner, Due Diligence Services
Willard Michlin, CPA #106752, offers buyers step by step training & assistance in doing Due Diligence Services when they are thinking of making an offer, or are in process of investigating a business purchase. He helps to determine the actual net profit even when there is cash. Call 805-428-2063.
|William Park, Business Broker - Southern California
Highest Volume Broker in California, Simply Check our HUNDREDS of Listings! Over 25 Associates, Speaking Dozen Languages, Helping Buyers and Sellers of Small Business since 1982, Centrally Located between Los Angeles and Orange Counties, while Riverside & San Bernardino Counties are Very Accessible.
|Ryan Clark, Business Broker, Southern California
The Veld Group provides a refreshing approach to Business Brokerage, Mergers & Acquisitions and Business Consulting and Valuations. From Your Street to Wall Street, we cater to Main Street Businesses as well as more complex Strategic Firms and Start-Ups. Phone Ryan at 310-652-8353.
|Chris Seaman, Business Broker - San Diego County Area
Founded in 1994, First Choice Business Brokers has accelerated to become one of the most successful Business Sales Organizations in the world. Our team of agents have gone through extensive training to become experts in the field of business brokerage. Call Chris at 858-578-4111 for more info.
|Michael Davidson, Business Broker - Southern California
Los Angeles Business Broker providing M&A quality services for Small Business Owners. We leverage our technology and expertise to Simplify & Expedite the Business Sales Process. Matching the right buyer with the right business is how we define success.
|Related Articles, Events, Blog Posts, Discussions, Videos, Interviews|
|Business Purchase Financing Expert Gives Tips On Proving Cash Flow
What are the actual "provable" adjusted net earnings (cash flow) of a small to mid-sized business being purchased? Buyers need to look carefully at all financial info for the "real" adjusted net income or cash flow. Peter Siegel, MBA (business purchase financing expert) at 866-270-6278 explains.
|Differences Between Business Appraisers, CPA's, And Due Diligence Experts
What are the differences between a Business Appraiser, CPA auditor and Due Diligence Expert - and why should you care? Insights from Willard Michlin, CPA in his latest BizBen blog post that will be useful for someone engaged in, or planning to conduct due diligence in the future
|Mentoring In How To Buy A Business - Tips From Expert Willard Michlin, CPA
Willard Michlin, CPA a due diligence specialist shares his views on the mentoring process & about how buyers can "profit" from such a relationship when searching and buying a business. Mr. Michlin, CPA (800-864-0420) performs due-diligence services and and consulting services for business buyers.
|Business Purchase Financing Help - Expert Tips For Faster SBA Loan Approvals
Business purchase financing advisor Peter Siegel, MBA shares his views on SBA loan financing. He explains the nuances of the SBA loan process when considering business purchase financing or getting pre-qualified. Reach Peter Siegel, MBA direct at 866-270-6278 regarding SBA & Non SBA Loan Financing.
|Due Diligence Issues: What Business Buyers Should Know About The Process
Willard Michlin, CPA, CFE at 800-864-0420 elaborates why you can do a large portion of the due diligence yourself, depending on your background, but you should never try to do it solely on your own. In this BizBen blog post he explores ways business business buyers get themselves into trouble.
|Due Diligence Checklist: 10 Key Items To Investigate When Buying Businesses
Buying a California small business involves reviewing due diligence checklists so buyers can learn enough to determine whether to proceed with a deal. Here's a due diligence checklist. Peter Siegel, MBA (BizBen ProBuy Advisor & Business Purchase Financing Expert) at 866-270-6278 shares his views.
|Deposits With Business Purchase Agreements: How Much? Structure? Refundable?
Purchase agreements when buying or selling a small business can be tricky. A top Southern CA Business Broker discusses this topic including multiple strategies regarding deposits with business purchase agreements. Lee Petsas (Orange County Business Broker) at 714-363-044 contributes this blog post
|Thinking About Selling A Small Business? Know These 8 Factors That Matter
The likelihood of selling a business is often determined by external factors in the marketplace. Here are eight influences on how easy, or difficult it might be when selling a small California business. Peter Siegel at 866-270-6278 (BizBen ProSell Program) explains these factors for owner/sellers.
|See All News, Tips And Events|