Topics that will be covered in this live workshop are:
Learn what is Sellers Discretionary Earnings and how it is calculated, Learn how to determine the value of a business you are selling or buying, Learn how to determine the REAL PROFITABILITY of a business, not what the broker is advertising, What are the insider's secrets of how to make sure you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR when buying or selling a business?, Learn the difference between industry and financial due diligence & why you need both.
COMPLETE OVERVIEW-BUYING OR SELLING A SMALL TO MID SIZE BUSINESS. (PART A)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO DO DUE DILIGENCE ON A BUSINESS
Dates: Saturday November 9th or Saturday January 11th
Time: 9AM to 1PM
Cost: No Charge
WHAT ATTENDEES HAVE TO SAY:
1. This seminar is critical for anyone wishing to invest in purchasing a business and for sellers who may want to prepare their business for the sale.
2. I loved Willard's humor.
3. I liked the stories you shared about actual cases. They helped to understand the points you were making.
4. I liked that it was a real seminar ON-SUBJECT as opposed to a sales pitch. The workshop was better than I expected.
5. The seminar is well rounded. I would recommend it to others based on the valuable information portrayed.
6. I learned how to find fraud in the documents provided by sellers.
7. I learned how important it is to not buy the wrong business.
8. Meeting Willard was an inspiration.
9. Willard’s speaking style is accessible and down to earth along with his sense of humor.
10. The speaker’s knowledge and background are extensive and a big asset if you want to buy or sell a business.
11. The speaker freely gave honest answers to all questions.
12. The seminar was interactive not a lecture.
13. I loved the casual style of speaking. A great amount of information was given.
14. The seminar made difficult business information palatable.
15. I loved the case studies of how to become a smart buyer.
SUBJECTS COVERED IN MY THREE PART WORKSHOP SERIES:
- You will learn what are the advantages and disadvantages of buying a business.
- You will learn what the advantages and disadvantages of buying a franchise.
- You will learn the different sources of financing
- You will learn the advantages and disadvantages of buying the real estate under the business instead of leasing it.
- You will learn what to look for in a lease.
- You will learn where to go to find businesses that are for sale.
- You will learn the advantages and disadvantages of using a business broker.
- You will learn what are the good and bad industries to buy into these days.
- What are the business types that can be run as an absentee owner?
- You will learn when and how to make offers and what the 13 protection points that must be addressed in your offers to protect yourself.
- You will learn the procedure step by step for locating and buying a business.- When should you make your offer. Before or after making an offer. Before or after due diligence.
- How do you make a non-binding offer.
- What are the items in the purchase contract that can cost you money if you want out of the deal.
- How do you determine if a seller is just tire kicking and will not be realistic in the negotiations
- How do you handle an uncooperative broker.
- What shall you demand from the seller before making an offer.
- Which purchase contract should you require to be used that will protect your rights.
- What protections do you have to have in an offer to protect your deposit.
- Are escrow instructions identical to the purchase contract. Are they supposed to be?
There will also be plenty of time to answer all your questions about the process of buying or selling a business.
Location: Seal Beach or Los Alamitos (Near Long Beach) depending on the number of registered attendees. Address and directions are provided the week of the seminar.
PLEASE RSVP: 805-428-2063
About The Presenter: Willard Michlin, CPA (106752) offers California business buyers Due Diligence Services (Second Opinion, Offer Assistance, Final Due Diligence) when they are thinking of making an offer on a business or in the process of investigating a business purchase.
|Helpful Resources To Assist In Selling And Buying California Businesses|
|Shalonda Chappel-Pilgram: Escrow & Bulk Sale Services - Southern California
Escrow services to brokers/agents, sellers, & buyers. Established 43 years. Extraordinary service. Experienced with handling difficult transactions. One stop for all your escrow needs: Bulk sales, lien searches, UCC searches, liquor license transfers, publishing & recording services. 951-808-3972.
|Willard Michlin, CPA, Certified Fraud Examiner, Due Diligence
Willard Michlin, CPA #106752, offers buyers step by step training & assistance in doing Due Diligence Services when they are thinking of making an offer, or are in process of investigating a business purchase. He helps to determine the actual net profit even when there is cash. Call 805-428-2063.
|Helen Yoo, New Century Escrow - Escrow Services In Southern California
New Century Escrow, Inc. is a fully licensed & bonded independent escrow company. Over 20 years combined experience in handling bulk escrow transactions. Multi-lingual staff that speaks your language, including Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese. Call Helen Yoo direct at 626-890-1151.
|Diane Boudreau-Tschetter: Escrow & Bulk Sale Services - CA
California Business Escrow, Inc. is a full service independent escrow company serving all of California and has expertise in a wide range of escrows. Our team prides itself on providing an exceptional escrow experience. For more info phone Diane Boudreau-Tschetter at 888-383-3331 or 209-838-1100.
|Mike Hurrell, Broker: Coin & Card Laundry Specialist Brokerage
Providencia Properties Inc in association with Golden State Laundry Systems is a full service Coin Laundry Real Estate Broker. At GSLS you will receive personalized attention from our professional staff of coin laundry experts. To sell or buy a Southern CA laundromat call Mike at 310-223-2240 X209.
|Michael Davidson, Business Broker - Southern California
Los Angeles Business Broker providing M&A quality services for Small Business Owners. We leverage our technology and expertise to Simplify & Expedite the Business Sales Process. Matching the right buyer with the right business is how we define success.
|Bob Baumgarten, Business Broker: Southern California
National Business Brokerage is a full service brokerage company that has been serving buyers and sellers of Southern California businesses since 1994. We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of professional service for our clients. Phone Bob direct at 949-588-8727.
|Brad Steinberg, Business Broker: Laundromat Specialist
PWS is the leading laundromat broker in California. Since 1968 PWS has brokered over 2,500 laundromat sales. With over 90 employees dedicated to the coin laundry industry, PWS has 18 licensed agents, a 3 person in-house finance department, 10 service technicians and a 20 person parts department.
|Related Articles, Events, Blog Posts, Discussions, Videos, Interviews|
|October 2019: 1,494 California Small Businesses Sold Stats - BizBen Index
In October 2019 total sales of California small to mid-sized businesses sold were up 46.2% from last month and up 2.7% from the same time last year in California. Some of the more popular Counties in California with higher sales included: Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Diego County, etc.
|Getting An SBA Loan To Buy A Small Business: Dispelling Some Major Myths
When seeking SBA loan financing many potential business buyers have wrong information about the process of securing the best financing to buy a business. Peter Siegel, MBA (at 925-785-3118) a business purchase financing expert delves into the myths and facts regarding SBA loan financing.
|Deposits With Business Purchase Agreements: How Much? Structure? Refundable?
Purchase agreements when buying or selling a small business can be tricky. A top Southern CA Business Broker discusses this topic including multiple strategies regarding deposits with business purchase agreements. Lee Petsas (Orange County Business Broker) at 714-363-044 contributes this blog post
|Live Workshop: How to Find Profitable Businesses For Sale Not On The Market
Live Workshop For Business Buyers: Find Small Businesses Possible For Sale Not On The Market. This Workshop Is In Southern California. Every Month On Saturdays - 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM. Call 805-428-2063 to RSVP. Willard Michlin, CPA will be presenting this workshop. Click On Link For Schedule & Times.
|Due Diligence Checklist: 10 Key Items To Investigate When Buying Businesses
Buying a California small business involves reviewing due diligence checklists so buyers can learn enough to determine whether to proceed with a deal. Here's a due diligence checklist. Peter Siegel, MBA (BizBen ProBuy Advisor & Business Purchase Financing Expert) at 925-785-3118 shares his views.
|Broker Explains Allocation Of The Purchase Price When Selling A Business
There are a handful of key asset categories in allocating or breaking down the purchase price allocation of a California business sale. Allocation is required to complete the transaction. In this blog post Lee Petsas (Orange County Business Broker) at 714-363-0440 covers asset allocation classes.
|Podcast/Vlog: Business Purchase Financing Chat: SBA Loan, Non SBA Financing
Ever wonder what is involved in obtaining business purchase financing to buy a business or franchise? Peter Siegel, MBA who has over 20 years advising and obtaining all types of financing for business buyers in this video/podcast - SBA loans, Non-SBA Financing, Alternative Financing Sources.
|Thinking About Selling A Small Business? Know These 8 Factors That Matter
The likelihood of selling a business is often determined by external factors in the marketplace. Here are eight influences on how easy, or difficult it might be when selling a small California business. Peter Siegel at 925-785-3118 (BizBen ProSell Program) explains these factors for owner/sellers.