How to Find Profitable Small To Mid-Sized Businesses; Not On The Market
Date: Saturday, September 14th
Time: 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM
Cost: $150 at the door; $135 paid in advance; This workshop is very interactive and is limited to 10 attendees.
WHAT DO THE ATTENDEES HAVE TO SAY:
1. I am doing Willard's marketing program and in the first six months I have already found seven businesses, in our small Northern California County. Three of them were never on the market; four were previously listed with brokers, but had expired.
2. The workshop got me focused on what would be the right type of business to keep me excited.
3. Based on the material covered, I decided to stop chasing bad listings.
4. I realize that the way to my success was in not following the road most traveled.
5. The workshop helped me realize that I need to expand my current business and not buy another one.
6. Awesome workshop, I liked learning where to look for off market businesses.
SUBJECTS COVERED INCLUDE:
* Learn how to locate For-Sale-by-Owner business; not listed with any brokers.
* Learn how to find businesses, to buy, that have not been shopped to death.
* Learn step-by-step how to contact and educate business owners, in your chosen industry, that you are interested in buying if they are interested in selling, and actually getting prospects.
* Learn how to choose an industry.
* Learn what industries promise you the highest probability of success?
* Learn how to develop a private list of possible prospects after developing your criteria.
* Learn how the Private Equity Groups (PEGS) find businesses to buy.
* Who should work your prospect list? You, an employee, or a buyer' business broker,
* What is it going to cost you to acquire hot seller prospects?
* What questions should you ask on your first interview with a prospective seller?
* How to find out what the seller's motivation is for selling?
* What problem can't the seller solve? Can you solve it? The purchase is a go.
* Learn how and why being a contrarian, in business, is the way to success.
Location: Seal Beach or Los Alamitos (Near Long Beach) depending on the number of registered attendees. Address and directions are provided the week of this seminar.
Please RSVP: 805-428-2063
About The Workshop Presenter: Willard Michlin, CPA (106752) offers Business Buyers due diligence services (Second Opinion, Offer Assistance, Final Due Diligence) when they are thinking of making an offer on a business or in the process of investigating a business purchase. He has written numerous articles on the due diligence process and can be reached direct at 805-428-2063 for more information and an appointment.
|Helpful Resources To Assist In Selling And Buying California Businesses|
|Helen Yoo: Escrow & Bulk Sale Services - Southern California
New Century Escrow, Inc. is a fully licensed & bonded independent escrow company. Over 20 years combined experience in handling bulk escrow transactions. Multi-lingual staff that speaks your language, including Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese. Call Helen Yoo direct at 626-890-1151.
|Willard Michlin, CPA, Certified Fraud Examiner, Due Diligence Services
Willard Michlin, CPA #106752, offers buyers step by step training & assistance in doing Due Diligence Services when they are thinking of making an offer, or are in process of investigating a business purchase. He helps to determine the actual net profit even when there is cash. Call 805-428-2063.
|Diane Boudreau-Tschetter: Escrow And Bulk Sale Services
California Business Escrow, Inc. is a full service independent escrow company serving all of California and has expertise in a wide range of escrows. Our team prides itself on providing an exceptional escrow experience. For more info phone Diane Boudreau-Tschetter at 888-383-3331 or 209-838-1100.
|Shalonda Chappel-Pilgram: Escrow Services - Southern CA
Escrow services to brokers & agents, owner/sellers, & buyers. Established 43 years. Extraordinary service. Experienced with handling difficult transactions. One stop for all your escrow needs: Bulk sales, lien searches, UCC searches, liquor license transfers, publishing & recording services.
|Chuck Post: Laundry Buyer Representation, Consulting, Due Diligence
Chuck Post has 32 years experience in the laundry industry, specializing in assisting laundry buyers (and entrepreneurs) with buying or starting up, building, re-tooling, laundries throughout California. Laundry buyer representation, consulting, due-diligence, lease negotiations, laundry valuations.
|Joe Sandbank, Esq. - Legal Services
I have provided legal counsel to business buyers, sellers and brokers for over 17 years. With prior experience as a business broker and SBA loan officer, Joe brings both a practical and legal approach to all aspects of the business acquisition process.
|Joe Ranieri, Business Broker, Orange & LA County Areas
Having owned retail/restaurant businesses for over 20 years, my interest turned to listing and selling businesses rather than owning them. I specialize tend to specialize in Orange County high volume restaurants, fast food independents and chains, bars and liquor stores. Call 714-292-5448.
|Elizabeth McGovern: Escrow Services - SF Bay Area
McGovern Escrow Services, Inc., is a leading independent escrow company. We are a trusted partner with our clients, assisting them through the tangled bulk sale & liquor license transfer process. We provide attentive, quality & innovative customer service. Phone Elizabeth McGovern at 415-735-3645.
|Related Articles, Events, Blog Posts, Discussions, Videos, Interviews|
|Due Diligence Issues: What Business Buyers Should Know About The Process
Willard Michlin, CPA, CFE at 800-864-0420 elaborates why you can do a large portion of the due diligence yourself, depending on your background, but you should never try to do it solely on your own. In this BizBen blog post he explores ways business business buyers get themselves into trouble.
|Podcast/Vlog: Business Purchase Financing Chat: SBA Loan, Non SBA Financing
Ever wonder what is involved in obtaining business purchase financing to buy a business or franchise? Peter Siegel, MBA who has over 20 years advising and obtaining all types of financing for business buyers in this video/podcast - SBA loans, Non-SBA Financing, Alternative Financing Sources.
|Business Purchase Financing Help - Expert Tips For Faster SBA Loan Approvals
Business purchase financing advisor Peter Siegel, MBA shares his views on SBA loan financing. He explains the nuances of the SBA loan process when considering business purchase financing or getting pre-qualified. Reach Peter Siegel, MBA direct at 925-785-3118 regarding SBA & Non SBA Loan Financing.
|Mentoring In How To Buy A Business - Tips From Expert Willard Michlin, CPA
Willard Michlin, CPA a due diligence specialist shares his views on the mentoring process & about how buyers can "profit" from such a relationship when searching and buying a business. Mr. Michlin, CPA (800-864-0420) performs due-diligence services and and consulting services for business buyers.
|Purchase A Business With Limited Or No Cash - Financing Tips For Buyers
Purchasing a business with no money down can be difficult, but not impossible. Financing a business purchase or down payment can often be accomplished with these strategies from Peter Siegel, MBA (Business Purchase Financing Expert, ProBuy & ProSell Program Advisor with BizBen) at 925-785-3118.
|FREE Sat Seminars: Best Practices When Buying Or Selling A Small Businesses
This seminar focuses on the process of buying & selling a small business. Sat's - Monthly (refreshments will be served) in Southern California. Phone Willard Michlin (CPA, Certified Fraud Examiner, Due Diligence Expert, Business Broker). Phone 805-428-2063 to RSVP. Click On Link For Schedule.
|Differences Between Business Appraisers, CPA's, And Due Diligence Experts
What are the differences between a Business Appraiser, CPA auditor and Due Diligence Expert - and why should you care? Insights from Willard Michlin, CPA in his latest BizBen blog post that will be useful for someone engaged in, or planning to conduct due diligence in the future
|Who Really Represents The Business Buyer In A Deal? Does Dual Agency Work?
Who really represents the buyer? The selling broker or agent through dual agency? Many brokers and agents weigh in on this Discussion on BizBen. Bottom line is all business buyers need to know who really represents them and has their best interest at heart when seeking and negotiating on deals.
|See All News, Tips And Events|