How to Find Profitable Small To Mid-Sized Businesses; Not On The Market
Date: Saturdays - 3/10, 4/14, 5/12, 6/9
Time: 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Cost: 125.00 at the door; $100.00 paid in advance; This workshop is very interactive and is limited to 10 attendees.
WHAT DO THE ATTENDEES HAVE TO SAY:
1. I am doing Willard's marketing program and in the first six months I have already found seven businesses, in our small Northern California County. Three of them were never on the market; four were previously listed with brokers, but had expired.
2. The workshop got me focused on what would be the right type of business to keep me excited.
3. Based on the material covered, I decided to stop chasing bad listings.
4. I realize that the way to my success was in not following the road most traveled.
5. The workshop helped me realize that I need to expand my current business and not buy another one.
6. Awesome workshop, I liked learning where to look for off market businesses.
SUBJECTS COVERED INCLUDE:
* Learn how to locate For-Sale-by-Owner business; not listed with any brokers.
* Learn how to find businesses, to buy, that have not been shopped to death.
* Learn step-by-step how to contact and educate business owners, in your chosen industry, that you are interested in buying if they are interested in selling, and actually getting prospects.
* Learn how to choose an industry.
* Learn what industries promise you the highest probability of success?
* Learn how to develop a private list of possible prospects after developing your criteria.
* Learn how the Private Equity Groups (PEGS) find businesses to buy.
* Who should work your prospect list? You, an employee, or a buyer' business broker,
* What is it going to cost you to acquire hot seller prospects?
* What questions should you ask on your first interview with a prospective seller?
* How to find out what the seller's motivation is for selling?
* What problem can't the seller solve? Can you solve it? The purchase is a go.
* Learn how and why being a contrarian, in business, is the way to success.
Location: Seal Beach or Los Alamitos (Near Long Beach) depending on the number of registered attendees. Address and directions are provided the week of this seminar.
Please RSVP: 805-428-2063
About The Workshop Presenter: Willard Michlin, CPA (106752) offers Business Buyers due diligence services (Second Opinion, Offer Assistance, Final Due Diligence) when they are thinking of making an offer on a business or in the process of investigating a business purchase. He has written numerous articles on the due diligence process and can be reached direct at 805-428-2063 for more information and an appointment.
|Helpful Resources To Assist In Selling And Buying California Businesses|
|Diane Boudreau-Tschetter: Escrow And Bulk Sale Services
California Business Escrow, Inc. is a full service independent escrow company serving all of California and has expertise in a wide range of escrows. Our team prides itself on providing an exceptional escrow experience. For more info phone Diane Boudreau-Tschetter at 888-383-3331 or 209-838-1100.
|Willard Michlin, CPA, Certified Fraud Examiner, Due Diligence Services
Willard Michlin, CPA #106752, offers buyers step by step training & assistance in doing Due Diligence Services when they are thinking of making an offer, or are in process of investigating a business purchase. He helps to determine the actual net profit even when there is cash. Call 805-428-2063.
|Mark Chatow, Esq.: Legal Services For Buying, Selling Businesses
Mark has a broad range of small business purchase & sale experience from analyzing potential acquisition targets to successfully guiding buyers and sellers through the purchase & sale of small businesses. Mark can assist with contracts, negotiations, legal matters, etc. Reach Mark at 949-478-8393.
|Helen Yoo: Escrow & Bulk Sale Services - Southern California
New Century Escrow, Inc. is a fully licensed & bonded independent escrow company. Over 20 years combined experience in handling bulk escrow transactions. Multi-lingual staff that speaks your language, including Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese. Call Helen Yoo direct at 626-890-1151.
|Mani Singh, Business Broker, Southern California
I have successfully represented clients sell & acquire multitude of businesses ranging from Gas Stations, Liquor Stores, Markets, Super Markets, Smoke Shops, Postal Stores, Restaurants, General Retail, Auto and Construction related. Phone me for assistance with selling or buying at 951-296-7646 Cell
|Joanne Weber, Broker - Preschool Specialist - Southern California
The Ryan Craig Company is in its 35th year as the recognized expert in Southern California, dealing exclusively in the sale of preschools, Montessori schools, day care centers, and private schools. Our extensive list of references speaks for itself. Phone Joanne at 818-760-3684 for more info.
|Chris Seaman, Business Broker - San Diego County Area
Founded in 1994, First Choice Business Brokers has accelerated to become one of the most successful Business Sales Organizations in the world. Our team of agents have gone through extensive training to become experts in the field of business brokerage. Call Chris at 858-578-4111 for more info.
|Mike Hurrell, Broker: Coin & Card Laundry Specialist Brokerage
Providencia Properties Inc in association with Golden State Laundry Systems is a full service Coin Laundry Real Estate Broker. At GSLS you will receive personalized attention from our professional staff of coin laundry experts. To sell or buy a Southern CA laundromat call Mike at 310-223-2240 X209.
|Related Articles, Events, Blog Posts, Discussions, Videos, Interviews|
|BizBen Index: Weekly Results - 326 California Businesses Sold 1/22 - 1/26
For the week of 1/22 thru 1/26, 326 California small businesses were sold by business owners, business brokers, and agents. In 2017 16,956 CA small businesses were sold. So far this year (2018) 1,363 small to mid-sized California businesses have sold so far by business owners, agents, and brokers.
|Business Purchase Financing Help - Expert Tips For Faster SBA Loan Approvals
Business purchase financing advisor Peter Siegel, MBA shares his views on SBA loan financing. He explains the nuances of the SBA loan process when considering business purchase financing or getting pre-qualified. Reach Peter Siegel, MBA direct at 866-270-6278 regarding SBA & Non SBA Loan Financing.
|Workshop: How to Find Profitable Businesses For Sale Not On The Market 3/10
Live Workshop For Business Buyers: Find Small Businesses Possible For Sale Not On The Market. This Workshop Is In Southern California. Date - Saturday 3/10 - 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM. Call 805-428-2063 to RSVP. Willard Michlin, CPA will be presenting this workshop.
|Due Diligence Checklist: 10 Key Items To Investigate When Buying Businesses
Buying a California small business involves reviewing due diligence checklists so buyers can learn enough to determine whether to proceed with a deal. Here's a due diligence checklist. Peter Siegel, MBA (BizBen ProBuy Advisor & Business Purchase Financing Expert) at 866-270-6278 shares his views.
|FREE Workshop: Due-Diligence When Buying/Selling A Small Business 3/10
This workshop is about the due diligence process of buying & selling a business. Saturdays: 3/10 from 9AM - 1PM (refreshments will be served) in S. CA. Phone Willard Michlin (CPA, Certified Fraud Examiner, Due Diligence Expert, Business Broker). Phone 805-428-2063 to RSVP.
|Differences Between Business Appraisers, CPA's, And Due Diligence Experts
What are the differences between a Business Appraiser, CPA auditor and Due Diligence Expert - and why should you care? Insights from Willard Michlin, CPA in his latest BizBen blog post that will be useful for someone engaged in, or planning to conduct due diligence in the future
|Due Diligence Issues: What Business Buyers Should Know About The Process
Willard Michlin, CPA, CFE at 800-864-0420 elaborates why you can do a large portion of the due diligence yourself, depending on your background, but you should never try to do it solely on your own. In this BizBen blog post he explores ways business business buyers get themselves into trouble.
|Who Really Represents The Business Buyer In A Deal? Does Dual Agency Work?
Who really represents the buyer? The selling broker or agent through dual agency? Many brokers and agents weigh in on this Discussion on BizBen. Bottom line is all business buyers need to know who really represents them and has their best interest at heart when seeking and negotiating on deals.
|See All News, Tips And Events|