How to Find Profitable Small To Mid-Sized Businesses; Not On The Market
Date: Saturdays - 4/14, 5/12, 6/9
Time: 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Cost: 125.00 at the door; $100.00 paid in advance; This workshop is very interactive and is limited to 10 attendees.
WHAT DO THE ATTENDEES HAVE TO SAY:
1. I am doing Willard's marketing program and in the first six months I have already found seven businesses, in our small Northern California County. Three of them were never on the market; four were previously listed with brokers, but had expired.
2. The workshop got me focused on what would be the right type of business to keep me excited.
3. Based on the material covered, I decided to stop chasing bad listings.
4. I realize that the way to my success was in not following the road most traveled.
5. The workshop helped me realize that I need to expand my current business and not buy another one.
6. Awesome workshop, I liked learning where to look for off market businesses.
SUBJECTS COVERED INCLUDE:
* Learn how to locate For-Sale-by-Owner business; not listed with any brokers.
* Learn how to find businesses, to buy, that have not been shopped to death.
* Learn step-by-step how to contact and educate business owners, in your chosen industry, that you are interested in buying if they are interested in selling, and actually getting prospects.
* Learn how to choose an industry.
* Learn what industries promise you the highest probability of success?
* Learn how to develop a private list of possible prospects after developing your criteria.
* Learn how the Private Equity Groups (PEGS) find businesses to buy.
* Who should work your prospect list? You, an employee, or a buyer' business broker,
* What is it going to cost you to acquire hot seller prospects?
* What questions should you ask on your first interview with a prospective seller?
* How to find out what the seller's motivation is for selling?
* What problem can't the seller solve? Can you solve it? The purchase is a go.
* Learn how and why being a contrarian, in business, is the way to success.
Location: Seal Beach or Los Alamitos (Near Long Beach) depending on the number of registered attendees. Address and directions are provided the week of this seminar.
Please RSVP: 805-428-2063
About The Workshop Presenter: Willard Michlin, CPA (106752) offers Business Buyers due diligence services (Second Opinion, Offer Assistance, Final Due Diligence) when they are thinking of making an offer on a business or in the process of investigating a business purchase. He has written numerous articles on the due diligence process and can be reached direct at 805-428-2063 for more information and an appointment.
|Helpful Resources To Assist In Selling And Buying California Businesses|
|Helen Yoo: Escrow & Bulk Sale Services - Southern California
New Century Escrow, Inc. is a fully licensed & bonded independent escrow company. Over 20 years combined experience in handling bulk escrow transactions. Multi-lingual staff that speaks your language, including Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese. Call Helen Yoo direct at 626-890-1151.
|Willard Michlin, CPA, Certified Fraud Examiner, Due Diligence Services
Willard Michlin, CPA #106752, offers buyers step by step training & assistance in doing Due Diligence Services when they are thinking of making an offer, or are in process of investigating a business purchase. He helps to determine the actual net profit even when there is cash. Call 805-428-2063.
|Mark Chatow, Esq.: Legal Services For Buying, Selling Businesses
Mark has a broad range of small business purchase & sale experience from analyzing potential acquisition targets to successfully guiding buyers and sellers through the purchase & sale of small businesses. Mark can assist with contracts, negotiations, legal matters, etc. Reach Mark at 949-478-8393.
|Diane Boudreau-Tschetter: Escrow And Bulk Sale Services
California Business Escrow, Inc. is a full service independent escrow company serving all of California and has expertise in a wide range of escrows. Our team prides itself on providing an exceptional escrow experience. For more info phone Diane Boudreau-Tschetter at 888-383-3331 or 209-838-1100.
|Chris Seaman, Business Broker - San Diego County Area
Founded in 1994, First Choice Business Brokers has accelerated to become one of the most successful Business Sales Organizations in the world. Our team of agents have gone through extensive training to become experts in the field of business brokerage. Call Chris at 858-578-4111 for more info.
|George Lanza, Business Broker, At Plethora Business Sales
Plethora Businesses, a division of A Premier In Services, Inc., is a Business Intermediary Consulting Firm headquartered in Orange, California. Plethora specializes in the listing and sale of small and medium sized private businesses.
|Lee Petsas, Business Broker - Orange, San Diego Counties, Inland Empire
UBI Business Brokers has been successfully selling businesses in Southern California since 1965. Our Agents have over 100 years of experience in selling small to medium size businesses throughout Southern California. We service Orange County, Inland Empire, San Diego. Phone Lee at 714-363-0440.
|Joanne Weber, Broker - Preschool Specialist - Southern California
The Ryan Craig Company is in its 35th year as the recognized expert in Southern California, dealing exclusively in the sale of preschools, Montessori schools, day care centers, and private schools. Our extensive list of references speaks for itself. Phone Joanne at 818-760-3684 for more info.
|Related Articles, Events, Blog Posts, Discussions, Videos, Interviews|
|Deposits With Business Purchase Agreements: How Much? Structure? Refundable?
Purchase agreements when buying or selling a small business can be tricky. A top Southern CA Business Broker discusses this topic including multiple strategies regarding deposits with business purchase agreements. Lee Petsas (Orange County Business Broker) at 714-363-044 contributes this blog post
|Differences Between Business Appraisers, CPA's, And Due Diligence Experts
What are the differences between a Business Appraiser, CPA auditor and Due Diligence Expert - and why should you care? Insights from Willard Michlin, CPA in his latest BizBen blog post that will be useful for someone engaged in, or planning to conduct due diligence in the future
|FREE Workshop: Due-Diligence When Buying/Selling A Small Business 4/14
This workshop is about the due diligence process of buying & selling a business. Saturdays: 4/14 from 9AM - 1PM (refreshments will be served) in S. CA. Phone Willard Michlin (CPA, Certified Fraud Examiner, Due Diligence Expert, Business Broker). Phone 805-428-2063 to RSVP.
|Due Diligence Issues: What Business Buyers Should Know About The Process
Willard Michlin, CPA, CFE at 800-864-0420 elaborates why you can do a large portion of the due diligence yourself, depending on your background, but you should never try to do it solely on your own. In this BizBen blog post he explores ways business business buyers get themselves into trouble.
|Thinking About Selling A Small Business? Know These 8 Factors That Matter
The likelihood of selling a business is often determined by external factors in the marketplace. Here are eight influences on how easy, or difficult it might be when selling a small California business. Peter Siegel at 866-270-6278 (BizBen ProSell Program) explains these factors for owner/sellers.
|Attorney Specialist Shares Escrow Instruction Tips When Buying A Business
Once you have successfully negotiated the Asset Purchase Agreement ("APA") for your acquisition it's natural to relax a little and let your guard down. Attorney Specialist Mark Chatow discusses what business buyers should look out for when opening escrow and getting escrow instruction in place.
|Due Diligence Checklist: 10 Key Items To Investigate When Buying Businesses
Buying a California small business involves reviewing due diligence checklists so buyers can learn enough to determine whether to proceed with a deal. Here's a due diligence checklist. Peter Siegel, MBA (BizBen ProBuy Advisor & Business Purchase Financing Expert) at 866-270-6278 shares his views.
|Purchase A Business With Limited Or No Cash - Financing Tips For Buyers
Purchasing a business with no money down can be difficult, but not impossible. Financing a business purchase or down payment can often be accomplished with these strategies from Peter Siegel, MBA (Business Purchase Financing Expert, ProBuy & ProSell Program Advisor with BizBen) at 866-270-6278.
|See All News, Tips And Events|