How to Find Profitable Small To Mid-Sized Businesses; Not On The Market
Dates: Saturday, November 9th or Saturday January 11th
Time: 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM
Cost: $150 at the door; $135 paid in advance; This workshop is very interactive and is limited to 10 attendees.
WHAT DO THE ATTENDEES HAVE TO SAY:
1. I am doing Willard's marketing program and in the first six months I have already found seven businesses, in our small Northern California County. Three of them were never on the market; four were previously listed with brokers, but had expired.
2. The workshop got me focused on what would be the right type of business to keep me excited.
3. Based on the material covered, I decided to stop chasing bad listings.
4. I realize that the way to my success was in not following the road most traveled.
5. The workshop helped me realize that I need to expand my current business and not buy another one.
6. Awesome workshop, I liked learning where to look for off market businesses.
SUBJECTS COVERED INCLUDE:
* Learn how to locate For-Sale-by-Owner business; not listed with any brokers.
* Learn how to find businesses, to buy, that have not been shopped to death.
* Learn step-by-step how to contact and educate business owners, in your chosen industry, that you are interested in buying if they are interested in selling, and actually getting prospects.
* Learn how to choose an industry.
* Learn what industries promise you the highest probability of success?
* Learn how to develop a private list of possible prospects after developing your criteria.
* Learn how the Private Equity Groups (PEGS) find businesses to buy.
* Who should work your prospect list? You, an employee, or a buyer' business broker,
* What is it going to cost you to acquire hot seller prospects?
* What questions should you ask on your first interview with a prospective seller?
* How to find out what the seller's motivation is for selling?
* What problem can't the seller solve? Can you solve it? The purchase is a go.
* Learn how and why being a contrarian, in business, is the way to success.
Location: Seal Beach or Los Alamitos (Near Long Beach) depending on the number of registered attendees. Address and directions are provided the week of this seminar.
Please RSVP: 805-428-2063
About The Workshop Presenter: Willard Michlin, CPA (106752) offers Business Buyers due diligence services (Second Opinion, Offer Assistance, Final Due Diligence) when they are thinking of making an offer on a business or in the process of investigating a business purchase.
|Helpful Resources To Assist In Selling And Buying California Businesses|
|Helen Yoo, New Century Escrow - Escrow Services In Southern California
New Century Escrow, Inc. is a fully licensed & bonded independent escrow company. Over 20 years combined experience in handling bulk escrow transactions. Multi-lingual staff that speaks your language, including Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese. Call Helen Yoo direct at 626-890-1151.
|Diane Boudreau-Tschetter: Escrow & Bulk Sale Services - CA
California Business Escrow, Inc. is a full service independent escrow company serving all of California and has expertise in a wide range of escrows. Our team prides itself on providing an exceptional escrow experience. For more info phone Diane Boudreau-Tschetter at 888-383-3331 or 209-838-1100.
|Willard Michlin, CPA, Certified Fraud Examiner, Due Diligence
Willard Michlin, CPA #106752, offers buyers step by step training & assistance in doing Due Diligence Services when they are thinking of making an offer, or are in process of investigating a business purchase. He helps to determine the actual net profit even when there is cash. Call 805-428-2063.
|Shalonda Chappel-Pilgram: Escrow & Bulk Sale Services - Southern California
Escrow services to brokers/agents, sellers, & buyers. Established 43 years. Extraordinary service. Experienced with handling difficult transactions. One stop for all your escrow needs: Bulk sales, lien searches, UCC searches, liquor license transfers, publishing & recording services. 951-808-3972.
|Ralph Santos, Business Broker: Health Care Specialist
Using my MBA and my perseverance I will make things happen! I provide business brokerage niche services specializing in the hospice and home health care agency industry in the Los Angeles County or Ventura County areas. For either buying or selling assistance please phone or email me today.
|Michael Davidson, Business Broker - Southern California
Los Angeles Business Broker providing M&A quality services for Small Business Owners. We leverage our technology and expertise to Simplify & Expedite the Business Sales Process. Matching the right buyer with the right business is how we define success.
|Chuck Post: Laundry Buyer Representation, Consulting, Due Diligence
I have 32 years experience in the laundry industry, specializing in assisting laundry buyers with buying or starting up, building, re-tooling, laundries throughout CA. Laundry buyer representation, consulting, due-diligence, lease negotiations, laundry valuations. Contact me at 619-227-5711 Cell.
|Brad Steinberg, Business Broker: Laundromat Specialist
PWS is the leading laundromat broker in California. Since 1968 PWS has brokered over 2,500 laundromat sales. With over 90 employees dedicated to the coin laundry industry, PWS has 18 licensed agents, a 3 person in-house finance department, 10 service technicians and a 20 person parts department.
|Related Articles, Events, Blog Posts, Discussions, Videos, Interviews|
|Can A Business Seller Back Out Of Escrow If They Simply Change Their Mind?
Can a seller of a small business back out of an ongoing escrow? Probably, yes, it all depends how far along the escrow is, which will dictate how messy things will get for both owner & buyer. Joe Ranieri (Southern California Business Broker) gives his feedback with others on this BizBen Discussion.
|Business Purchase Financing Help - Expert Tips For Faster SBA Loan Approvals
Business purchase financing advisor Peter Siegel, MBA shares his views on SBA loan financing. He explains the nuances of the SBA loan process when considering business purchase financing or getting pre-qualified. Reach Peter Siegel, MBA direct at 925-785-3118 regarding SBA & Non SBA Loan Financing.
|Due Diligence Checklist: 10 Key Items To Investigate When Buying Businesses
Buying a California small business involves reviewing due diligence checklists so buyers can learn enough to determine whether to proceed with a deal. Here's a due diligence checklist. Peter Siegel, MBA (BizBen ProBuy Advisor & Business Purchase Financing Expert) at 925-785-3118 shares his views.
|Podcast/Vlog: Business Purchase Financing Chat: SBA Loan, Non SBA Financing
Ever wonder what is involved in obtaining business purchase financing to buy a business or franchise? Peter Siegel, MBA who has over 20 years advising and obtaining all types of financing for business buyers in this video/podcast - SBA loans, Non-SBA Financing, Alternative Financing Sources.
|FREE Sat Seminars: Best Practices When Buying Or Selling A Small Businesses
This seminar focuses on the process of buying & selling a small business. Sat's - Monthly (refreshments will be served) in Southern California. Phone Willard Michlin (CPA, Certified Fraud Examiner, Due Diligence Expert, Business Broker). Phone 805-428-2063 to RSVP. Click On Link For Schedule.
|Business Purchase Financing Expert Peter Siegel - Tips On Proving Cash Flow
What are the actual "provable" adjusted net earnings (cash flow) of a small to mid-sized business being purchased? Buyers need to look carefully at all financial info for the "real" adjusted net income/cash flow. Peter Siegel, MBA (BizBen ProBuy & ProSell Lead Facilitator) at 925-785-3118 explains.
|Getting An SBA Loan To Buy A Small Business: Dispelling Some Major Myths
When seeking SBA loan financing many potential business buyers have wrong information about the process of securing the best financing to buy a business. Peter Siegel, MBA (at 925-785-3118) a business purchase financing expert delves into the myths and facts regarding SBA loan financing.
|Thinking About Selling A Small Business? Know These 8 Factors That Matter
The likelihood of selling a business is often determined by external factors in the marketplace. Here are eight influences on how easy, or difficult it might be when selling a small California business. Peter Siegel at 925-785-3118 (BizBen ProSell Program) explains these factors for owner/sellers.