Office was purchased in May 2008 by the current owner, but has over a 27 year of an operating history.
1. Office is in an upscale medical facility close to highway One in Santa Cruz, and has over 3,000 sq. ft in an upgraded facility.
2. The facility has 5 examination rooms, a beautiful optical department, and the capability of including all instruments required to perform Lasik Eye Surgery. Although currently the facility is being used exclusively as an Optometry Office, it could easily convert some or all the space to eye surgery, as there is a need for this service in the area.
3. Currently they see patients for general eye exams, contact lens patients and glaucoma patients. The Company has had a successful 27 year operating history and a data base of over 7,000 This data base includes an active patient base of an estimated 2,500 patients.
4. The customer base is diverse. The Company performs an average of 8 to 12 exams daily. Additionally, as many as 20 customers come to the office daily, either because of an emergency, or to look at and purchase frames or contact lenses. This department represents about 25% of the total gross revenue of the business.
5. Additionally part of the space is subleased to two Glaucoma Surgeons and other related medical people increasing rental income of about $50,000/year to the business.
6. Current owner is willing to stay on with a consulting contract for a period up to 3 years to make the transition easier for the new owner of the business.