For Sale: Bookkeeping Service - Profitable - Santa Cruz County, California


Asking Price

  • Status: Active

  • Posting ID: 282346

  • 12/11/23

Santa Cruz County Bookkeeping Service - Profitable Business For Sale



NOTE:  Seller feels strongly that the successful buyer should live in the area, and maintain a local, physical office.

An established bookkeeping business can often be one of the most profitable and desirable small businesses an owner or entrepreneur can own. Bookkeeping businesses can be very profitable, especially when managed effectively and focused on delivering high-quality client service. 

Here is your chance to live and work in one of the most desirable and sought-after locations in the USA, plus make a very good living, with plenty of opportunities to expand and grow the business. This well-established bookkeeping business in the Santa Cruz area is currently maxed out and is in fact turning away clients or else putting them on a wait list.

The business receives from 3 to 5 weekly calls from potential new clients. Word-of-mouth recommendations, plus excellent name recognition and reputation keep this small office busy all year long, and the owner reports no seasonality. Current services offered include bookkeeping and payroll services.  Also clean-up work from other competitors.

If you are good with numbers and attention to detail or would like to be, this may be your golden opportunity! The experienced and respected current owner is more than happy to train as needed, and perhaps stay on in a limited capacity to consult or advise. Add a qualified accountant, bookkeeper, or even a tax preparer and grow the business with no other increase in overhead. Bookkeeping services are always in demand!

The seller feels that the best fit would most likely be a hands-on owner, with at least some physical presence and a physical office, rather than completely virtual and online.  The seller estimates that 80-90% of the clients are QBO, with the remaining approx. 10% in-person.  

Gross sales: $250,910, 3-year average
SDE: $150,476, 3-year average
Price: $360,000, Some seller financing is possible for an approved buyer
Office Size: TBD
SBA Approval: Pending
This is highly confidential, so please contact the broker directly for an NDA.

Gross sales:  $250,910. 3-year average
SDE:  $150,476.  3-year average
Price:   $360,000.  Some seller financing possible for approved buyer.
Office Size:  TBD
SBA Approval:  Pending
Broker:  Rex Walters, CBB, PhD
Certified Business Broker                                  
Lic. # 01841628
Confidential Information provided by Coast Business Brokerage, Inc.
The information provided on this sheet is a copy of the information furnished by the seller indicated above and evidenced by the Broker Agreement and supporting documents, available upon request.  Coast Business Brokerage makes no representation as to the accuracy or reliability of said information.
Books and Records:  All books and records are provided to Coast Business Brokerage without audit on our part.  Any buyer should perform his/her own due diligence and verification to their satisfaction.


To get more information about this Bookkeeping Service - Profitable business for sale in Santa Cruz County please phone Rex Walters CBB (Broker - BRE License #:01841628) at 831-239-2080 and 831-685-8866 - if you get voicemail please leave a detailed message - make sure you mention you saw this posting/ad #282346 on BizBen.com. In addition to phoning Rex Walters CBB, make sure you email Rex Walters CBB above to get more info about this Bookkeeping Service - Profitable, to ask any questions or request an appointment to see this business for sale. Thank you. License # 01841628. Coast Business Brokerage.

Show more


  1. Name: Rex Walters CBB
  2. phone iconPhone: 831-239-2080
  3. phone iconPhone: 831-685-8866


  1. Asking Price: $360,000.00

  2. Down: Call/Email

  3. Cash Flow: $150,476.00

  4. Revenue:    $250,910.00

  1. Area: Santa Cruz County

  2. City: None Given

  1. Attributes:

    Broker CooperationTraining & Support

My Notes About This Listing

1000 Character Limit. Write notes about this posting above. Just a reminder, your changes are not saved until you click the Save My Changes button.
Related Links & Information Regarding This Posting

Email Rex Walters CBB Below About This Posting

Today’s Featured Businesses, Franchises, Opportunities For Sale On BizBen

Featured Resources, Advisors, & Intermediaries

Popular Blog Posts & Articles On BizBen Today

Popular Discussion Posts On BizBen Today