Selling a small to mid-sized business can be a confusing and/or frustrating process. For over twenty-five years I have both bought & sold businesses as an individual, have been a highly successful business broker/intermediary, started BizBen.com and currently advise (ProBuy & ProSell Programs) both business buyers & sellers with buying and selling small to mid-sized businesses on a daily basis.
Here Is What You Will Receive From Our Niche ProSell Program (For Sellers & Intermediaries):
* Determine A Realistic Market Value (Price) Of Your Business - Realistic Pricing & Deal Structures That Make Sense In Today's Marketplace
* Quantify The Perfect Business Buyer For Your Business - Identify The Qualities Of A Real Buyer Who Can Close On Your Deal
* Assist You With Reaching Serious Business Buyers - What Channels & Networks On BizBen To Use & Why - For Your Particular Type And Size Of Business
* Pre-Qualify Your Business For Potential Buyer Financing - So Potential Business Buyers Don't Waste Time Finding Financing (Or If Financing Is Even An Option)
* Optimize A For Sale Posting & Banner Ads On BizBen.com - Giving You Optimized Exposure To Serious, Motivated Buyers For 6 Months (Most Businesses Usually Sell Within 3 Months On This Program)
* Refer You To Any Advisors & Resources That Will Help You Complete Your Transaction & Get It Closed Successfully
* Interview On The BizBen Sessions Podcast & Radio Program (Optional Add On)
More About My Experience:
I am the Founder and President of BizBen.com, serving buyers and sellers of small to mid-sized businesses for over 25 years. I have an Economics Degree and MBA (Entrepreneurial Studies & Financing Concentration) from UCLA. In addition to my frequent blog posts and articles about aspects of buying and selling small and mid-sized businesses, I have authored six books on the subject. Through my writings, consulting/advisory sessions, syndicated podcast, and online webinars, I have reached thousands of potential buyers, owner/sellers, intermediaries, advisors and professionals involved in the business for sale marketplace.
The cost of this program is a one time fee of $800 (payable via check, credit/debit card, or eCheck). There are no commissions or other fees associated with the BizBen ProSell Program.
Peter Siegel, MBA - Founder, Lead Facilitator at BizBen.com at 925-785-3118 Direct
Categories: BizBen Blog Contributor, BizBen News, Deal And Escrow Issues, How To Sell A Business, Selling A Business
Nationwide - All Areas
Phone: 925-785-3118 Cell, 925-785-3118 Text
Peter Siegel, MBA - Founder Of BizBen.com (since 1994), I am the Lead Advisor for the ProSell, ProBuy, & ProIntermediary Programs. I advise/coach buyers, sellers, and brokers daily about buying & selling small to mid-sized businesses throughout the Nation. I can be reached direct at 925-785-3118.
Posted By: Ralph Santos, Broker Specialist, Health Care
When it comes to selling you treasured business you need to allocate an agent that understands your industry and who knows how to talk the language of your specific business type. In my case, I specialize in home health care and hospices and I think that interviewing your listing agents is crucial. Make sure that you have specific questions to include:
1. How many years of experience do you have in my industry?
2. Can you demonstrate to me your value proposition?
3. What is your plan for selling my business?
4. What will you evaluate my business?
5. What specific training and or education do you have that makes you fluent in my specific industry?
6. What is your pre-during and post-sale strategy?
7. Can you explain how you will protect me and my interests during this transaction?
8. How will you vet any potential buyers?
9. Can you explain to me the reason for using an escrow company?
10. How will you protect my private information such as my tax returns?
This list is not an all-inclusive list but it may provide you some seeds to begin looking at your potential listing agent through a new lens. I do believe highly in Mr. Peter Siegel's BizBen ProSell Program and I think any added knowledge in helping you to make an informed business selling decision is paramount!
Other Related Blog Posts, Articles, And Discussions You May Be Interested In
When To Sell Your Small Business - Many Key Important Factors Play A Part
Determining the right time to sell a private business is as much an art as a science, because there are so many factors at play and each business is unique. The timing of a business sale is critical. Christina Lazuric, CBI, Orange County Business Broker discusses this topic on this BizBen Blog post.
Hiring A Business Broker? Ask These Top Key Questions First, Then Decide
The key to finding the ideal business broker or agent and selling a small business is asking the right questions and getting the right answers back! Peter Siegel, MBA with BizBen & several top business brokers and agents (ProIntermediaries) in California contribute to this topic to assist sellers.
What Are Buyers Biggest Mistakes? The Pro's Examine 25 Of The Most Common
A business buyer in our ProBuy Program searching to buy a small business asked me to sum up what I thought the biggest mistakes business buyers make when they search for and bought a small business. I asked ProIntermediaries on BizBen their thoughts on the matter and received a diverse response.
Selecting A Business Broker To Sell My Business: What Should I Look For?
What should your business broker do for you to successfully sell your small to mid-sized business? Well, there's many things that a qualified business broker can and should be doing for you. Multiple ProIntermediaries and ProAdvisors give suggestions and tips to sellers in this BizBen Discussion.
Coin Op Laundromat Or Card Operated Laundromat? Steve Erlinger Discusses
More and more we see "Coinless Laundromats". Anyone in the business or entering the business will face the age old question; Coin or Card? Well, perhaps it's not an age old question, as card systems haven't been around very long, but it is a question worth considering. Steve Erlinger explains.