Selling a small to mid-sized business in California can be a difficult process for owners and intermediaries. Statistics show that over 70% of all sellers never end up selling their business due to asking the wrong selling price or structuring a deal structure that doesn't make sense. Also not getting enough exposure to the right types of possible business buyers will surely limit the chances for a sale.
For over twenty years BizBen has provided advisory services to small business owners, brokers, agents, and intermediaries to help them locate the best possible buyer who can purchase their business, and provide resources and referrals to get their deal completed (financing, attorneys, due diligence, brokers, agents, etc).
This program has had a high degree of success (95%) throughout its existence (over 20 years!) and continues to provide the results small business owner/sellers and intermediaries require in selling their California business to the right buyer for the right price and terms. This program includes a REALISTIC & FAIR business valuation, a FREE 3 to 6 month optimized Fast Track posting on BizBen to sell your business, getting your business professionally pre-qualified for SBA or Non SBA financing for your potential buyers of your business (thus increasing the number of potential buyers!)
The BizBen ProSell Program For California Small Business Owners & Intermediaries Includes:
1. Phone Consultations To Determine Who Ideal Buyers Are For The Business And How To Reach Them Via BizBen, Determining The Correct Adjusted Net Income Of The Business Being Sold & How It Correlates To A Selling Price (And Deal Structure) That Makes Sense, Introductions To Resources To Get Your Deal Completed Successfully.
2. Financing - Pre-Qualification For Potential Business Buyers Based On The Information Presented By The Business Being Sold. Discussion Of Deal Structures Will Also Be Covered.
3. An Introduction To Specific Individuals At Lenders & Financial Institutions To Provide Financing (These Introductions Only Apply If Both The Business & Potential Buyer Qualifies For Business Purchase Financing).
4. Refer The Owner/Seller, Broker, or Agent To Any Professional Resources (Legal/Paperwork/Contracts, Due Diligence, Escrow/Bulk Sale, Professional Business Broker or Intermediary Assistance) That Will Help Them Complete Their Deal & Get It Closed Successfully.
6. We'll Assist With A Professionally Written & Optimized Business For Sale Posting (Optimized Fast Track Ad) On BizBen.com (With Side & Bottom Banners To Increase Exposure) For 3 Months. If You Still Have Not Sold Your Business Within The 3 Month Time Period, You Will Receive An Additional 3 Months Of Extensive Advertising & Marketing On BizBen For FREE!
The cost of our ProSell Program for owners, brokers, and agents is a one time fee of $800 and provides all of the above: business valuation, advisory, and BizBen postings & network advertising/marketing services. The ProSell Program fee can be paid via a credit or debit card (over the phone) with Peter Siegel, MBA - the founder of BizBen and the BizBen ProSell Program Director.
For more information regarding the BizBen ProSell Program or to sign up - phone Peter Siegel, MBA direct at 866-270-6278.
Categories: BizBen Blog Contributor, BizBen News, Deal And Escrow Issues, How To Sell A Business, Selling A Business
Comments Regarding This Blog Post
When it comes to selling you treasured business you need to allocate an agent that understands your industry and who knows how to talk the language of your specific business type. In my case, I specialize in home health care and hospices and I think that interviewing your listing agents is crucial. Make sure that you have specific questions to include:
1. How many years of experience do you have in my industry?
2. Can you demonstrate to me your value proposition?
3. What is your plan for selling my business?
4. What will you evaluate my business?
5. What specific training and or education do you have that makes you fluent in my specific industry?
6. What is your pre-during and post-sale strategy?
7. Can you explain how you will protect me and my interests during this transaction?
8. How will you vet any potential buyers?
9. Can you explain to me the reason for using an escrow company?
10. How will you protect my private information such as my tax returns?
This list is not an all-inclusive list but it may provide you some seeds to begin looking at your potential listing agent through a new lens. I do believe highly in Mr. Peter Siegel's BizBen ProSell Program and I think any added knowledge in helping you to make an informed business selling decision is paramount!