Postings Advertise Resources Blog Discussions About Us Register Login BizBen Podcast   BizBen Podcast  
BizBen.com
500 New & Refreshed Posts, Postings Daily
Over 8,000 Postings & 2,500 Resources
Assisting Buyers & Sellers Over 25 Years!

Categories

Why Should I Buy A Laundromat? Are They Good Investments?

Comments & Feedback From Pro Intermediaries & Pro Advisors On BizBen:

Contributor: Peter Siegel MBA: BizBen Founder, Lead Advisor   Comment # 1075
The laundry business is in demand by business buyers. I know business brokers and agents on BizBen who specialize only in the laundry business and they receive more calls and emails than you can imagine. The interest is so great that many brokers have potential buyers on waiting lists for one to come up for sale in their area. Here are some reasons for this immense interest and why you should consider buying a coin or card laundromat.

1. It's a simple business to run compared to most other businesses. Think about it, your clients do much of the work, and there is no complicated equipment or technology that must be learned or that require licenses to operate.

2. You don t have to worry about the business becoming obsolete anytime soon as we all have clothes and we all have to wash them.

3. It can be a very profitable business and who doesn t like collecting cash?

4. The coin laundry business is sometimes referred to as an "absentee run" business. This means as the owner you don't have to put in 40 hours a week. You can set your own hours and probably won't spend very much time in the facility.

5. Little management, few and possibly no employees depending on how much time you want to put in.

As you can see there are many reasons to buy a coin laundromat. If the above reasons appeal to you and you feel you have what it takes to be a laundry business owner check out some of our coin and card laundromat's for sale on BizBen.

If you need assistance in buying or selling a laundromat here is a comprehensive list of California laundry brokers, agents, advisors, consultants, etc.

If you have other reasons why a laundry business can be a good investment please comment above.

Other Related Blog Posts, Articles, And Discussions You May Be Interested In

Great Questions To Ask A Seller As A Business Buyer What Questions Should I Ask The Owner, Seller Or Broker?

Asking the seller straightforward questions and getting straightforward answers in return is an important part of the buying and due diligence process. In this Discussion, both ProIntermediaries and Advisors offer thorough questions you should be asking during your meeting with a business seller.
How To Select A Business Broker Selecting A Business Broker To Sell My Business: What Should I Look For?

What should your business broker do for you to successfully sell your small to mid-sized business? Well, there's many things that a qualified business broker can and should be doing for you. Multiple ProIntermediaries and ProAdvisors give suggestions and tips to sellers in this BizBen Discussion.
Tips For Business Sellers Business Owners: Do Not Make It Hard To Buy Your Business - Successful Tips

Successful sellers of small businesses need a game plan to sell their California small business for maximum price and for the best terms. Peter Siegel, MBA discusses these seller strategies with BizBen Blog readers based on his experience as the lead Advisor with the ProSell Program on BizBen.com.
3 Car Wash Types To Purchase Buying A Car Wash Business: 3 Successful Types Of Car Washes To Consider

One of the most popular business searches (and eventual business purchase) on BizBen is the self serve and full service car wash. Peter Siegel, MBA (ProBuy & ProSell Programs Director) with BizBen.com reflects on three types of car wash models and what buyers should look for in a car wash purchase.
Are Upfront Fees Worth It In Defense Of Upfront Broker Fees: Why Owners Should Pay Brokers Upfront

Are up front fees worth it? In this BizBen Blog post Brian Loring (Business Broker) discusses the pros and cons of owners of small businesses paying business brokers and agents an upfront fee for their services. There are many sides and opinions expressed on this topic by both sellers & brokers!
Coin Card Laundry Business Valuations What Top Key Factors Contribute To Coin & Card Laundry Business Valuations?

We are finding that many laundry buyers and investors are not being given true light to selected elements of value or there are inconsistencies in the interpretation of these elements of value. This common error needs to be addressed. In this BizBen Discussion we address many of those factors.
Disclosures Needed For Business Buyers What Do I Need To Disclose To All Prospective Buyers Of My Small Business?

When selling a small business you always run the risk of a lawsuit. They aren't as common as one may think in this litigious world in which we live in, but whenever there is money exchanging hands & attorneys involved the stage is set for a lawsuit. Various ProIntermediaries share their viewpoints.
Buying A Business Without Financials Business Seller Doesn't Have Recent Financial Figures: What Should I Do?

The owner selling the business doesn't have recent financial information or documentation but insists revenues are increasing. Should buyers believe the seller? What should buyers do in this situation? ProIntermediaries on BizBen answer the question of verifying seller/owner's financial claims.
Buying A Health Club Successfully Working Out A Deal: Things To Consider When Buying A Boutique Fitness Gym

First thing you may be asking, what is a boutique gym? Simple, a boutique fitness gym is on average much smaller than your typical large-scale gym, ranging from 800 to 2,500 sq ft. In this BizBen blog post, Joe Ranieri (Southern California Business Broker) discusses this topic for gym buyers.
Business Brokerage Questionable Practices Sellers: Watch For These Business Broker Questionable Practices

Lee Petsas (Southern California Business Broker) shares his concerns regarding some questionable business practices by some California Business Brokers lately. Other Business Brokers and Advisors weigh in as well on this BizBen Blog post with other "dirty tricks" they have observed and heard about.