This is your chance to own a long-established coin laundry in Santa Barbara, California, a great place to live and work.
As you probably know, building a new laundromat is expensive. You would need to find a store and negotiate a long-term lease. You would then have to spend several hundred thousand dollars on plumbing, electrical wiring, washing machines, dryers, change machines, and a security system. And, in Santa Barbara, you probably wouldn't be able to build a new laundromat anyway, because it is virtually impossible to obtain the necessary permits.
Thus, if you want to own a laundromat in this area, you will have to buy an existing business. You could buy a profitable laundromat (if you can find one for sale), it would cost you a lot of money. Alternatively, for a lot less money, you can buy an established laundromat with potential that is not currently making money and develop it yourself.
If this makes sense to you, here is a business worth considering. After 20+ years in the laundromat business, the owner has retired and moved out of the area. Because of this, the business is, currently, running at a small loss. However, it has a lot of potential and is priced for a quick sale.
There is plenty of room for you to run your own wash-and-fold business. There is also extra storage space and office space that you can use for yourself or rent out for extra income. A long-term lease is available.
Great Location, Convenient Times.
Here is a coin laundry in a great location. It is close to both a freeway and a major street. As such, it is convenient and accessible to anyone in Santa Barbara and the neighboring city of Goleta. Because of its placement, it is the closest coin laundry to people who live in outlying areas to the north and west. It is also the closest coin laundry to popular camping sites in these areas.
The store itself is in a strip mall, with ample free parking and easy in-and-out. The storefront has excellent street visibility, for both driving and for people walking by. There is a large, easy-to-read sign that lights up at night. The coin laundry is open every day, from 6 am to 10 pm. A built-in system unlocks and locks the door automatically. (You can change the times if you want.)
Are you willing to provide a hands-on approach to your work? If so, this coin laundry provides you with an excellent opportunity to grow your own business.
1. You have everything you need to start your own neighborhood wash-and-fold service.
2. There is extra office space in the front of the store, with its own outside door. This is an excellent location for you to start your own small store (which the neighborhood needs). Or you can rent out the space to another business for extra income. For example, someone could use the space for a small alterations business, a personal office, etc.
3. In the back of the store, there is a large storage room. You can use this space for yourself, or you use rent to someone who needs storage space.
4. Unlike other parts of the city, there is no other coin laundries within walking distance.
The store is clean and spacious, approximately 2,000 square feet. There are two large, glass doors facing the parking lot and the street. There is ample free parking in front of the store, providing easy access to customers, especially those who might have a problem carrying their laundry. The store has a bright, welcoming appearance, with large glass windows in front, an outdoor patio area, and indoor plants and wall decorations. People who walk or drive by can clearly see that this is a pleasant-looking coin laundry with lots of free parking.
In the front, to the right of the main entrance, there is office space with a separate door. Inside, in the back right corner, there is another small office. Either of these areas can be used for a wash-and-fold business. Behind the back office is the large storage room. The store has an easy-to-maintain tile floor, as well as a sink that can by used by customers and cleaning people. In the back left corner of the store, there is a bathroom.
This coin laundry comes with a full range of washers and dryers, as well as all the other equipment you will need. The business comes with two change machines, a water heater, an alarm system, laundry carts for customers, and so on.
- 3 x Wascomat giants (50 pound)
- 4 x Wascomat triple loaders (35 pound)
- 3 x Wascomat double loaders
- 4 x Dexter (30 pound)
- 9 x Huebsch
- 1 x Whirlpool
- 1 x Wasco giant (75 pound)
- 20 x Dexter (10 stacked double units)
- Raypak boiler
- Recently upgraded.
- 2 Standard change machines.
- Fully functioning alarm system.
- Laundry carts for use by customers.
- Three counters used for folding clothes.
- Television for customers to watch.
Fans to cool the room in the summer:
- No need to pay for air conditioning.
- To help customers, there are professionally created signs in both English and Spanish.
More Information: Available to Qualified Buyers.